[Numpy-discussion] Proposal for changing the names of inverse trigonometrical/hyperbolic functions

Joshua Lippai discerptor@gmail....
Mon Nov 24 17:10:07 CST 2008

I agree with Jon here. I can see plenty of motivation for adding the
names asin, etc., but there really isn't a need to remove the current
versions, and it will just introduce compatibility issues when someone
tries to run code written with NumPy 1.x using a NumPy 2.x
installation for even the simplest scripts. We wouldn't exactly
wasting tons of space by keeping both in. So as the suggestion stands,