[Numpy-discussion] Co-existing Numeric and numpy?

Fri Oct 3 14:12:48 CDT 2008

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:
> We have some older 3rd party packages that require Numeric (24.2), but like to also use newer
> 3rd party packages that require a recent numpy. Can Numeric and numpy co-exist in the same
> process? -- I'm mainly worried about clashes at the C API level.

nope, there are no problems. In fact, converting between the two arrays
types with asarray() works very efficiently.

I sure wish everyone would make the transition, though.

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax