[Numpy-discussion] making numpy.dot faster

Tiziano Zito opossumnano@gmail....
Sat Oct 4 10:59:40 CDT 2008

> This seems to tell that numpy has been build without altas. Hum, maybe we
> need to work with the Debian guys to make sure that numpy is available
> with altas.

we had recently a discussion regarding this issue on this mailinglist, see:
and on the debian bug tracker:

in debian testing and unstable numpy is now built with a patch that
enables atlas support. I don't know the status of the ubuntu package,
but I presume they may apply a similar patch until the numpy building
system's checks are relaxed ina way that no patch is needed anymore.