[Numpy-discussion] Installation of Numerical Python

Linda Seltzer lseltzer@alumni.caltech....
Fri Oct 10 16:26:06 CDT 2008

Hello Group Members:

Can someone please answer a question about installing Numerical Python and
getting it to work.  I downloaded the files.  They are in
C:\Program Files\Python25

I have the python code and also the new file

There is also a text file, numpy.wininst, and the last line of this file is:
200 File Copy: C:\Program

I have these lines in my program:
import Numeric
from Numeric import *

The problem is that when I run my python program in IDLE, I receive the
following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\music1\My
Solomon\python-rscode\python-rscode\GF16genroot2a.py", line 18, in
    import Numeric
ImportError: No module named Numeric

I would be most appreciative of any clear, detailed instructions on where
the Numeric Python files should be located and how to get this package to