[Numpy-discussion] how to tell if a point is inside a polygon

John Hunter jdh2358@gmail....
Fri Oct 17 09:40:06 CDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Rob Hetland <hetland@tamu.edu> wrote:

> I did not know that very useful thing.  But now I do.  This is solid
> proof that lurking on the mailing lists makes you smarter.

and that our documentation effort still has a long way to go !

FAQ added at

though I am having trouble getting the module functions pnpoly and
points_inside_poly to show up in the sphinx automodule documentation
for nxutils.  These functions are defined in extension code and I have
a post in to the sphinx mailing list

but if anyone on this list has seen problems with automodule and
extension code functions, and knows how to fix them, let me know.