[Numpy-discussion] windows install problem for 1.2

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Tue Oct 21 05:11:55 CDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 2:28 AM, David Cournapeau
<david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> What do we use sourceforge for now ? It seems that we only use it for
> the source/installers archives, now, right ? We use sourceforge neither
> for ML, Forums, bug tracking or source code control, so why using it at
> all ?

I don't mind hosting them somewhere else.  Do you have some place in mind?

Google Code looks like it has a 10MB file size limit:

Launchpad seems to be considering upping their limit to 200MB:

The scipy server can't handle the load or bandwidth needed.

My first inclination would be to look at Launchpad:

How do you like releasing files on launchpad?  Can you write a script
to upload release files and notes?  Can you script making the

It looks like they md5 support builtin:

Ideas?  Comments?

Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley