[Numpy-discussion] statistical model fitting & comparison

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Tue Oct 21 09:23:06 CDT 2008

Hi Joris

2008/10/21 Joris De Ridder <Joris.DeRidder@ster.kuleuven.be>:
> I'm interested in developing some general-use Python/Numpy code for
> linear model fitting and comparison. The fitting is easy enough with
> Numpy, but the automated comparison of the submodels to identify which
> model describes best the data, requires some work. Before I embark on
> this, I would like to find out if anyone actually already wrote
> something along these lines, in order not to reinvent the wheel.

I would guess that this is part of Jonathan Taylor's "models" package,
but I may be wrong.  It is available at the Neuroimaging in Python

You may also want to look at the optimisation scikit and the RANSAC
cookbook example.