[Numpy-discussion] Octave-numpy bridge?

Ravi lists_ravi@lavabit....
Tue Oct 21 09:39:00 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 21 October 2008 09:27:13 joep wrote:
> However, this seems what you are looking for.
> see http://www.nabble.com/Python-to-Octave-bridge-td20031139.html
> Announcing Pytave - Python to Octave extension
> Embeds the Octave language interpreter as an extension to Python,
> enabling existing m-files to be used from Python.

Looks interesting; this is very much the same approach I used in a few
postings on c++-sig (now cplusplus-sig) two weeks ago to build a transparent
ublas-numpy bridge. I am not familiar with the Octave engine, but this would
probably be the simplest way to make it work.

Thank you very much for the pointer.