[Numpy-discussion] poly1d with complex coefficients doesn't integrate

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Oct 27 15:20:03 CDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 15:07, Mark Bakker <markbak@gmail.com> wrote:
> I seem to be able to create a poly1d instance with complex coefficients, and
> it works correctly. But I cannot integrate it. Does poly1d not support
> complex coefficients? Any reason why not, that shouldn't be too difficult,
> should it?

It's a bug in polyint(). It explicitly constructs an array for the
result with the dtype float. This is something we should fix.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco