[Numpy-discussion] BUG in numpy.loadtxt?

Ryan May rmay31@gmail....
Thu Sep 4 15:47:21 CDT 2008

Travis E. Oliphant wrote:
> Ryan May wrote:
>> Stefan (or anyone else who can comment),
>> It appears that the usecols argument to loadtxt no longer accepts numpy
>> arrays:
> Could you enter a ticket so we don't lose track of this.  I don't
> remember anything being intentional.

Done: #905

I've attached a patch that does the obvious and coerces usecols to a
list when it's not None, so it will work for any iterable.

I don't think it was a conscious decision, just a consequence of the
rewrite using different methods.  There are two problems:

1) It's an API break, technically speaking
2) It currently doesn't even accept tuples, which are used in the docstring.

Can we hurry and get this into 1.2?

Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant
School of Meteorology