[Numpy-discussion] 1.2.0rc1 tagged!

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Sep 10 21:12:18 CDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 19:58, Tommy Grav <tgrav@mac.com> wrote:
> I thought is was pretty standard that non-system versions of python
> should go
> into /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/ on the OS X? Is this not
> the case?

Yes, but frameworks are versioned, and the files installed by .mpkg
packages have the version fully specified. EPD uses a different
version number than the www.python.org release in order to keep the
two installations separate (so you can install EPD, then delete it
with few, if any repercussions).

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco