[Numpy-discussion] Proper NaN handling in max and co: a redux

Thu Sep 25 23:15:00 CDT 2008

    We started a small document to gather all information given in
Anne (Archibald) for useful comments/additions/typo corrections:

We describe approaches taken by R and matlab for the relevant functions,
and possible approaches to take in numpy. I have an patch almost ready
(with tests) for the approach "Returning NaN" (Chuck said he would be
willing to implement the sort/argsort part, which is the part missing in
my current implementation).

I think it would be nice for 1.3.0,