[Numpy-discussion] Are there command similar as Matlab find command?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Sep 29 20:22:14 CDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 20:16, frank wang <f.yw@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the help.
> It seems that the where command has problem when I tried to run it in the
> debug mode. It does not return any thing such as:
> (Pdb) aa=array([1,2,3,4]
> (Pdb) where(aa>2)
>   <stdin>(1)<module>()
>> c:\dhg\docsis\lab_test\parseadc.py(70)parsempeg()
> -> bb=array(fid).astype('int')
> (Pdb)
> It does not return any result.

It's worth noting that that is not a "debug mode" of the interpreter;
it's the pdb debugger, a separate piece of software which is used in
an entirely different manner. Specifically, pdb has a "where" command
which is what you are getting here.

(Pdb) ?where
Print a stack trace, with the most recent frame at the bottom.
An arrow indicates the "current frame", which determines the
context of most commands.  'bt' is an alias for this command.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco