[Numpy-discussion] Got: "undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_FromUnicode" error

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Apr 8 03:09:13 CDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 03:05, charlie <charlie.xia.fdu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I got the  "undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_FromUnicode" error when
> importing numpy.
> I have my own non-root version of python 2.5.4 final installed with
> --prefix=$HOME/usr.
> PYTHONPATH="$PYTHONHOME/lib:$PYTHONHOME/lib/python2.5/site-packages/"
> install and import other modules works fine.
> I install numpy-1.3.0rc2 from the svn repository with "python setup.py
> install"
> then import numpy results in following error:

Are you sure you are using the same python executable to build and run
this installation of numpy? This problem is always caused by this.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco