[Numpy-discussion] yubnub and numpy examples

John Hunter jdh2358@gmail....
Wed Aug 5 08:44:34 CDT 2009

yubnub is pretty cool -- it's a command line interface for the web.
You can enable it in firefox by typing "about:config" in the URL bar,
scrolling down to "keyword.URL", right click on the line and choose
modify, and set the value to be

Then, you can type yubnub commands in the URL bar, eg, to see all
commands related to python, type "ls python" in the URL bar.

It's easy to create new commands; I just created a new command to load
the docs for a numpy function; just type in the URL bar:

  npfunc convolve

which takes you directly to

I was hoping to create a similar command for the numpy examples, but
the URL links in http://www.scipy.org/Numpy_Example_List_With_Doc are
some md5 gobbledy-gook.  Is it possible to have nice URLs on this
page, so they can be more readily yubnub-ized?