[Numpy-discussion] Strange Error with NumPy Addendum

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Aug 6 18:29:41 CDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 18:26, Nanime Puloski<npuloski@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your responses so far.
> What I also do not understand is why sin(2**64) works with
> the standard Python math module, but fails to do so with NumPy?

math.sin() always converts the argument to a float. We do not.

> To Robert Kern:
> Can't 2^64 be represented in C as a long double?

For that value, yes, but not for long objects in general. We don't
look at the value itself, just the type.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco