[Numpy-discussion] passing "import numpy as np" as python command arg in 'doze

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Aug 14 17:23:52 CDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 17:18, David Goldsmith<d_l_goldsmith@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Skipper & Robert; perhaps I'm misunderstanding what should happen, but this doesn't appear to work in Windoze:
> Begin Terminal output:
> C:\Python26>python -c "import numpy as np"
> C:\Python26>
> End Terminal output.
> In other words, no error is returned, but python doesn't "stay running".

It's not supposed to, just like "python script.py" doesn't. Instead, use

  python -i -c "import numpy as np"

If you just want to execute some things before entering the
interpreter every time, use PYTHONSTARTUP instead. Or IPython.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco