[Numpy-discussion] nosetests and permissions

Chris Colbert sccolbert@gmail....
Thu Aug 20 15:52:08 CDT 2009

when I build numpy from source via:

python setup.py build
sudo python setup.py install

the nosetests fail because of permissions:

In [5]: np.test()
Running unit tests for numpy
NumPy version 1.3.0
NumPy is installed in /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/numpy
Python version 2.6.2 (release26-maint, Apr 19 2009, 01:58:18) [GCC 4.3.3]
nose version 0.10.4

Ran 0 tests in 0.007s

Out[5]: <nose.result.TextTestResult run=0 errors=0 failures=0>

The problem I'm running into is I can't do a blanket chmod 664 *.py on
the numpy directory because that breaks things. And since I don't
which files are nosetests, it's very difficult to change by hand.

Is there a workaround for this, or would it more appropriate for the
numpy build script to set the permissions of the test file