[Numpy-discussion] Test of numpy/py3k

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Mon Dec 7 03:33:18 CST 2009

ma, 2009-12-07 kello 10:36 +0200, Nadav Horesh kirjoitti:
> I would like to test and prepare for migration of numpy/python3.1 on a linux box.
> Can anyone provide an installation recipe (and maybe some more tips)?

It should already "work out of the box":

1) Install Python 3

2) Install Nose's py3k branch from SVN, cf. doc/Py3K.txt in Numpy's SVN.

3) Run "python3 setup.py install --user" in a dir containing Numpy's SVN

Of course, since many thing are not finished yet for Py3, it's probable
you run into problems when trying to run software using Numpy on Py3.

Pauli Virtanen