[Numpy-discussion] more recfunctions, structured array help

John [H2O] washakie@gmail....
Tue Dec 8 16:32:52 CST 2009

Pierre GM-2 wrote:
> masked_where is a function that requires 2 arguments.
> If you try to mask a whole record, you can try something like
> For an individual field, try something like

Just some more detail, here's what I'm working on:

def mk_COarray(rD,datetimevec):
    """ rD is a previous record array, but I add the datetime vector """
    codata =
    codata = np.ma.array(codata)
    codata_masked = np.ma.masked_where(codata==-9999.,codata)
    codata =
    return codata, codata_masked

Plotting the arrays out of this:
In [128]: cd,cdm = mk_COarray(rD,datetimevec)
In [129]: plt.plot(cd.datetime,cd.co,label='raw');

I get the following image, where you can see that the codata which is
created from the codata_masked seems to not be masked????

Sent from the Numpy-discussion mailing list archive at Nabble.com.