[Numpy-discussion] nan_to_num and bool arrays

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Dec 11 15:14:19 CST 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 14:41, Keith Goodman <kwgoodman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Bruce Southey <bsouthey@gmail.com> wrote:

>> So I agree that it should leave the input untouched when a non-float
>> dtype is used for some array-like input.
> Would only one line need to be changed? Would changing
> if not issubclass(t, _nx.integer):
> if not issubclass(t, _nx.integer) and not issubclass(t, _nx.bool_):
> do the trick?

That still leaves strings, voids, and objects. I recommend:

  if issubclass(t, _nx.inexact):

Arguably, one should handle nan float objects in object arrays and
float columns in structured arrays, but the current code does not
handle either of those anyways.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco