[Numpy-discussion] dot function or dot notation, matrices, arrays?

Mon Dec 21 11:57:42 CST 2009

Dag Sverre Seljebotn wrote:
> I recently got motivated to get better linear algebra for Python;

> To me that seems like the ideal way to split up code -- let NumPy/SciPy
> deal with the array-oriented world and Sage the closer-to-mathematics
> notation.

well, maybe -- but there is a lot of call for pure-computational linear
algebra. I do hope you'll consider building the computational portion of
it in a way that might be included in numpy or scipy by itself in the

Have you read this lengthy thread?

and these summary wikipages:

Though it sounds a bit like you are going your own way with it anyway.

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax