[Numpy-discussion] cos -- NameError: global name 'cos' is not defined

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Dec 21 13:46:51 CST 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 13:44, Wayne Watson
<sierra_mtnview@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Yes, one can get both sin and cos via the interactive shell, if math is
> imported as you have done.
> However, I thought math itself always present to a program module?

> In
> my program, sin exists but not cos, so one is forced to use math.cos().
> Why one but not the other?

Presumably you have imported it somewhere. Please show your program,
and we may be able to point it out to you.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco