[Numpy-discussion] Sphinx custom extension mess, and patches

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Feb 16 13:36:07 CST 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 08:04, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Sorry for the multiple posting, this concerns various groups, and I'd
> rather the information not be lost.
> While working on getting our in-lab library ready to be merged with NiPy,
> I ran into some sort of 'sphinx extension mess' where various sphinx
> extension would have side effects on each other, and most important, the
> extensions did not work with sphinx trunk.

At one point, some of us had a plan to keep all of these "scientific"
extensions collected here:

SVN-using projects could use svn:externals to include these in their
projects without diverging the code. I really don't know why this plan
changed. Pauli?

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco