[Numpy-discussion] parallel compilation of numpy

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Wed Feb 18 23:25:21 CST 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 9:14 AM, Ondrej Certik <ondrej@certik.cz> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a shiny new computer with 8 cores and numpy still takes forever
> to compile --- is there a way to compile it in parallel (make -j9)?
> Do distutils allow that? If not, let's move to some build system that
> allows that?

Since numscons was mentioned several times recently, and I have not
answered to every request, I wrote a more complete post about it -
even with somes advices for people motivated in using cmake :)