[Numpy-discussion] Numpy performance vs Matlab.

Fri Jan 9 16:04:37 CST 2009

Sturla Molden wrote:
> For the same problems where you would use meshgrid in Matlab.

well, I used to use meshgrid a lot because MATLAB could not do
broadcasting. Which is probably why the OP has been trying to use it.

A note for the docs:

The docs refer to ogrid and nd_grid, and as far as I can tell, they are
the same thing, but it's confusing. actuall, as I look more, ogrid is a
nd_grid with the sparse parameter set to True -- anyway, still confusing!

Also, what is the "o" for -- the mnemonic might be helpful

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax