[Numpy-discussion] The baffling behavior that just won't die

Mon Jul 6 02:44:48 CDT 2009

Pauli Virtanen wrote:
> Sun, 05 Jul 2009 20:27:02 -0700, d_l_goldsmith kirjoitti:
> [clip]
>> c:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\numpy>python
> Just don't run Python inside Numpy's package directory. This is not Numpy-
> specific: doing a thing like that just breaks relative imports.

I noticed that many windows users make this mistake. I wonder why, and
if there is something (in the docs, etc...) that we could improve to
avoid this. I can't understand why anyone would got into site-packages ?