[Numpy-discussion] Creating PyArrayObject in C++

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Tue Jul 7 17:20:16 CDT 2009

Hi Kenny

2009/7/7 Kenny Abernathy <kenny.abernathy@gmail.com>:
> I can guarantee that all analysis will be finished before the Unit object is
> destroyed and delete[] is called, so I don't think that's a problem.

There is a neat trick to make sure things don't get deallocated out of order:

>  However, what if there are modifications to the array from within a Python
> script (specifically changes to the number of elements in the array).  I
> should be able to get the new size from PyArrayObject, but will it have any
> effect on the delete[] operation?

NumPy won't reallocate any of your memory if you set the array flag
OWNDATA to False, so it should be safe to deallocate as usual.