[Numpy-discussion] Help with np.where and datetime functions

John [H2O] washakie@gmail....
Wed Jul 8 19:01:48 CDT 2009

Pierre GM-2 wrote:
> Would you like to give the scikits.timeseries package a try ? It's
> available at pytseries.sourceforge.net.
> Calculatng the hourly average should be straightforward.

I would, in fact I have been investigating it, but I didn't have numpy1.3 up
and running until just recently. Will it manage non-regularly sampled data?
That was my concern, also, it wasn't clear to me how to use it, but I
recently found more information on the web page (I started with the
'Examples' page, which as of yet isn't ready.

> Well, timeseries could help you on this one as well.
Great. sounds helpful.

> As mentioned by Neil, you need to use & instead of and in your
> expression. You can also use the lengthier np.logical_and(Y[:,0]>t1,
> Y[:,0]<t2)
> Also, using np.where without additional inputs
> (np.where(condition,x,y)) is equivalent to .nonzero

Thanks for the helpful input!
Sent from the Numpy-discussion mailing list archive at Nabble.com.