[Numpy-discussion] Scipy Conference 2009 Lecture Recordings

Gökhan SEVER gokhansever@gmail....
Thu Jul 16 10:32:30 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Peter Alexander <vel.accel@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
> I sure wish I was able to attend this year's event.
> I'm wondering, and really hoping, if/that the lectures will be recorded and
> then posted for the whole community's benefit?
> thanks,
> ~Peter
There are some interesting non-professionally recorded but quality records
from this year's EuroPython09 and SageDays16

To me, they seem feasible for the SciPy09, too.  With a dvd recording camera
or flash-disk embedded recorder might do the job --of course with some
volunteers to fix the camera or follow the scene :)

I remember they were recording the talks during the AGU (www.agu.org)
conference professional setups. However it has been almost two months but no
video has ever appeared on their web-site yet. Seemingly, amateur
initiatives give more quicker and productive results when it comes to
session recording.