[Numpy-discussion] Scipy Conference 2009 Lecture Recordings

Peter Alexander vel.accel@gmail....
Thu Jul 16 11:00:16 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Gökhan SEVER <gokhansever@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Peter Alexander <vel.accel@gmail.com>wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I sure wish I was able to attend this year's event.
>> I'm wondering, and really hoping, if/that the lectures will be recorded
>> and then posted for the whole community's benefit?
>> thanks,
>>  ~Peter
> There are some interesting non-professionally recorded but quality records
> from this year's EuroPython09 and SageDays16
> http://www.blip.tv/search?q=europython
> http://wiki.sagemath.org/days16
> To me, they seem feasible for the SciPy09, too.  With a dvd recording
> camera or flash-disk embedded recorder might do the job --of course with
> some volunteers to fix the camera or follow the scene :)
> I remember they were recording the talks during the AGU (www.agu.org)
> conference professional setups. However it has been almost two months but no
> video has ever appeared on their web-site yet. Seemingly, amateur
> initiatives give more quicker and productive results when it comes to
> session recording.
> --
> Gökhan
I really hope someone will take the initiative. This, for me, is the most
interesting of programming conferences; including outside the python
I can't imagine this to be that technically challenging.. I would think.

The open source community is all about volunteering and with that being
said, I wouldn't expect the conference organizers to necessarily be involved
in the cooridination of such an initiative.

I almost feel its a duty of someone to pick up the ball and run with it.