[Numpy-discussion] question about a data structure

Wed Jul 29 16:54:24 CDT 2009

Robert Kern wrote:
> 2009/7/29 Ernest Adrogué <eadrogue@gmx.net>:
>> Now, I need to be able to differentiate between 0 and 'no data'.

>> Is it possible to do this with the standard array class?
> Not really. Use masked arrays. Or use a dictionary.

masked arrays are made precisely for this. However, if you can use
floating point numbers, you could use NaN for the no data entries.

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax