[Numpy-discussion] Python 3.n and Scipy Numpy

Neil Martinsen-Burrell nmb@wartburg....
Thu Jul 30 14:33:24 CDT 2009

On 2009-07-30 14:13 , BBands wrote:
> Could someone point me toward some information on Scipy/Numpy and
> Python 3.1? I'd like to upgrade, but can't seem to find the path.

There is no such path right now.  Numpy and Scipy are only available for
Python 2.x (with x >= 4).  As very large C extensions, the work of
porting Numpy and Scipy to Python 3.x hasn't been undertaken, although
it will be in time.  If you have a particular situation in which you
need to upgrade, please let us know more about it, so that the NumPy
developers can target their porting efforts appropriately.