[Numpy-discussion] Inquiry Regarding F2PY Windows Content

Carl, Andrew F (AS) a.carl@ngc....
Wed Jun 10 14:34:29 CDT 2009

PC w/ Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
1) <Follow steps 1 thru 3 from "F2py Windows" web page>, in my case as
	a) ActiveState ActivePython
	b) Numpy 1.3.0
	c) gFortran (dated 2009-04-21)
2) Install MinGW 5.1.4 (g++, g77, make)
3) Check system environmental variables as follows:
	a) PATH:
	b) C_INCLUDE_PATH: C:\gfortran\include
4) Run C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\numpy\f2py\diagnose.py and review
output for g77 & g95 fcompilers found & contents of flags:
	a) GnuFCompiler instance: c:\MinGW\gin\g77.exe
	b) Gnu95FCompiler instance: c:\gfortran\bin\gfortran.exe
	c) If you don't see items "a" & "b" above, don't bother trying
the example problem from the "F2py Windows" web page
5) <same as step 5 from "F2py Windows" web page>

	To make matters worse, an install/uninstall of ipython from "Add
or Remove Programs" "broke" it, requiring the entire process to be
repeated (i.e. uninstall/re-install numpy & scipy alone did not work).
THIS IS SCARY (and frustrating)!