[Numpy-discussion] npfile deprecation warning

Brennan Williams brennan.williams@visualreservoir....
Mon Jun 15 18:48:40 CDT 2009

Robert Kern wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 17:27, Brennan
> Williams<brennan.williams@visualreservoir.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>> I'm using npfile which is giving me a deprecation warning. For the time
>> being I want to continue using it but I would like to suppress
>> the warning messages. Is it possible to trap the deprecation warning but
>> still have the npfile go ahead?
> http://docs.python.org/library/warnings
OK I've put the following in my code...

import warnings

def fxn():
    warnings.warn("deprecated", DeprecationWarning)

with warnings.catch_warnings():

but I'm getting an invalid syntax error...

with warnings.catch_warnings():
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I haven't used "with" before. Is this supposed to go in the function def
where I use npfile? I've put it near the top of my .py file after my
imports and before my class definitions.

btw I'm using Python 2.5.4