[Numpy-discussion] Intel MKL on Core2 system

Ryan May rmay31@gmail....
Wed Mar 11 14:24:57 CDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Francesc Alted <faltet@pytables.org> wrote:

> A Wednesday 11 March 2009, Ryan May escrigué:
> > You know, I knew this sounded familiar.  If you regularly build
> > against MKL, can you send me your site.cfg.  I've had a lot more
> > success getting the build to work using the autodetection than the
> > blas_opt and lapack_opt sections.   Since the autodetection doesn't
> > seem like the accepted way, I'd love to see how to get the accepted
> > way to actually work. :)
> Not that I'm an expert in that sort of black magic, but the next worked
> fine for me and numexpr:
> [mkl]
> # Example for using MKL 10.0
> #library_dirs = /opt/intel/mkl/
> #include_dirs <> =
>  /opt/intel/mkl/
> # Example for the MKL included in Intel C 11.0 compiler
> library_dirs = /opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/074/mkl/lib/em64t/
> include_dirs =  /opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/074/mkl/include/
> ##the following set of libraries is suited for compilation
> ##with the GNU C compiler (gcc). Refer to the MKL documentation
> ##if you use other compilers (e.g., Intel C compiler)
> mkl_libs = mkl_gf_lp64, mkl_gnu_thread, mkl_core

Thanks.  That's actually pretty close to what I had.  I was actually
thinking that you were using only blas_opt and lapack_opt, since supposedly
the [mkl] style section is deprecated.  Thus far, I cannot get these to work
with MKL.

Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant
School of Meteorology
University of Oklahoma
Sent from: Norman Oklahoma United States.