[Numpy-discussion] Doc update for 1.3.0?
Sat Mar 21 19:58:13 CDT 2009
Hi all, (esp. David)
Is there still time for a merge from the doc wiki for 1.3.x?
Stefan already merged several reviewed docstrings a while ago. My current
worry is that there's quite a bit good work still in there that would be
useful to have in 1.3.0, but which, despite being an improvement over the
what we have now, is not perfect.
The only issue is actually cherry-picking "good" changes:
- The new version should be a (possibly slight) improvement over
the old one
- No inappropriate content (eg. malicious doctests)
Previously, I did the cherry-picking just by reading through the full
patch, but now I added a feature to the doc wiki that allows to
1. Go to http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/patch/
2. Click on a link in the patch list. This shows a diff vs. SVN
3. See if the change makes sense
4. Change "OK to apply" to Yes or No, accordingly.
This serves a separate purpose from the review system and is separate
from it: OK to Apply indicates that a docstring revision is "better than
previously", whereas the review system indicates whether it is "perfect".
I'm doing a first pass through them. I invite other people who have the
reviewer permissions to check my judgment.
Comments or suggestions?
More information about the Numpy-discussion