[Numpy-discussion] documenting index_tricks

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Sun May 24 14:22:37 CDT 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm documenting the index_tricks module and am unsure how to handle r_ and
> related objects. r_ is an instance of RClass, therefore ipython shows the
> RClass docstring for "r_?". RClass in the doc editor is also marked as
> "needs editing", and the page for r_ is completely empty (see
> http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/docs/numpy.r_/#numpy-r). It seems like only one
> of the two should be edited and then the docstring should be copied over.

it looks like this is already the case, the htmlhelp and the sphinx
generated docs

show the docstring that I get with help(np.r_) for RClass on the
python prompt, even though in the doc editor it is empty.

So editing RClass seems to be the right thing to do.