[Numpy-discussion] Random int64 and float64 numbers

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Sun Nov 1 21:22:43 CST 2009

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 22:17, Sturla Molden <sturla@molden.no> wrote:
> Robert Kern skrev:
>> 64-bit and larger integers could be done, but it requires
>> modification. The integer distributions were written to support C
>> longs, not anything larger. You could also use .bytes() and
>> np.fromstring().
> But as of Python 2.6.4, even 32-bit integers fail, at least on Windows.

Then let me clarify: it was written to support integer ranges up to
sys.maxint. Absolutely, it would be desirable to extend it.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco