[Numpy-discussion] Solaris Sparc build broken

Thu Nov 5 02:39:03 CST 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 1:06 AM, David Cournapeau <
david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> Charles R Harris wrote:
> > Won't work. For alignment, 80 bits is stored in 128 bits on 64 bit
> > machines, the same as quad precision.
> But AFAIK, the only arch with 80 bits support is Intel, and it does not
> support quad precision, so we only really need to support sizeof(long
> double) != sizeof(double).
Hmm, you mean use the architecture information along with the size? How does
that work for open solaris, which at some point will be implementing quads
on intel, but doesn't now?