[Numpy-discussion] Solaris Sparc build broken

Thu Nov 5 02:39:26 CST 2009

Charles R Harris wrote:
> Hmm, you mean use the architecture information along with the size?
> How does that work for open solaris, which at some point will be
> implementing quads on intel, but doesn't now?

I would say let's focus on existing platforms which cause problem before
worrying about non existent platforms :)

Setting the functions at runtime is too inconvenient to warrant it
unless strictly necessary (slow, complicated, etc...).