[Numpy-discussion] Import error in builds of 7726

Chris fonnesbeck@gmail....
Tue Nov 10 20:55:48 CST 2009

I am building Numpy on OSX 10.6 using a recent update
from SVN (r7726). Though I was able to build the package
successfully, the resulting package generates an ImportError:

    import umath
ImportError: dlopen(/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/
universal.egg/numpy/core/umath.so, 2): Symbol not found
: _npy_cexp
  Referenced from: /Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/
  Expected in: flat namespace
 in /Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/

Note that this did not occur previously (r7542). For some reason
umath is not being built properly.