[Numpy-discussion] Howto document constants?

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith@gmail....
Fri Nov 13 21:04:43 CST 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi All,
> The documentation documentation says to document constants like functions.
> So if a module defines a constant is it documented like so:
> myconstant = 1
> """Blah and blah"""
> That doesn't seem quite right, but what is the proper method?
> Also, do we have a way to document static class methods? Class attributes?
> Chuck
> Hi, Chuck.  If you do not get a definitive answer (I'm afraid I don't have
one) to these very reasonable questions, would you mind please filing a
ticket for enhancement of the docstring standard.  Thanks!