[Numpy-discussion] difficulty with numpy.where

Dr. Phillip M. Feldman pfeldman@verizon....
Thu Oct 1 11:55:50 CDT 2009

I've defined the following one-line function that uses numpy.where:

def sin_half_period(x): return where(0.0 <= x <= pi, sin(x), 0.0)

When I try to use this function, I get an error message:

In [4]: z=linspace(0,2*pi,9)
In [5]: sin_half_period(z)
ValueError                                Traceback (most recent call last)

The truth value of an array with more than one element is ambiguous. Use
() or a.all()

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Sent from the Numpy-discussion mailing list archive at Nabble.com.