[Numpy-discussion] PyArray_SimpleNewFromData segfaults

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Oct 5 23:42:16 CDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 23:34, Ondrej Certik <ondrej@certik.cz> wrote:

> The only mention of the _import_array() in the documentation that I
> found is here:
> http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/c-api.array.html#NO_IMPORT_ARRAY
> but I don't understand what it means ---- do I have to just call
> _import_array() and then I can use numpy CAPI, or do I also have to
> define those PY_ARRAY_UNIQUE_SYMBOL etc?

Not _import_array() but import_array().

You don't have multiple files, so you only use import_array() and not

I'm not really sure what is unclear about the text except that you
searched for the wrong spelling and found the wrong entry.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco