[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-User] vectorized version of 'multinomial' sampling function

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Tue Oct 13 23:30:33 CDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 23:27, per freem <perfreem@gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks for your reply. i am not sure how to do this though -- is the
> vectorized version i would write in pyrex/cython simply going to
> iterate through this vector of vectors and do the operation? will that
> really be efficient?

Yes because the iteration, if written correctly, will be in C. This is
all that "vectorization" means in this context.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco