[Numpy-discussion] datetime64

Ariel Rokem arokem@berkeley....
Thu Oct 29 14:18:51 CDT 2009

Hi -

I want to start trying out the new dtype for representation of arrays
of times, datetime64, which is implemented in the current svn. Is
there any documentation anywhere? I know of this proposal:

but apparently the current implementation of the dtype didn't follow
this proposal - the hypothetical examples in the spec don't work with
the implementation.
I just want to see a couple of examples on how to initialize arrays of
this dtype, and what kinds of operations can be done with them (and
with timedelta64).

Thanks a lot,

Ariel Rokem
Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute