[Numpy-discussion] [RFC] complex functions in npymath

Pauli Virtanen pav+sp@iki...
Fri Oct 30 04:36:06 CDT 2009

Hi (esp. David),

If there are no objections, I'd like to move Numpy's complex-valued
C99-like functions to npymath:

This'll come useful if we want to start eg. writing Ufuncs in Cython.

I'm working around possible compiler-incompatibilities of struct
return values by having only pointer versions of the functions in
libnpymath.a, and the non-pointer versions as inlined static

Also, perhaps we should add a header file

that would detect if the compiler supports C99, and if not,
substitute the C99 functions with our npy_math implementations.
This'd be great for scipy.special.

Pauli Virtanen