[Numpy-discussion] snow leopard and Numeric

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Tue Sep 1 23:44:34 CDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 23:37, Stefano Covino<stefano_covino@yahoo.it> wrote:

> of course you are all right. NumPy is much better. Essentially I was just
> curious to understand what it is wrong given that Numeric compiled smoothly with
> the previous Mac OSX version.

The 64-bit version of OS X complies to a different UNIX standard than
the 32-bit version. gettimeofday(), which is being used to seed the
random number generator, is one of the affected functions.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco