[Numpy-discussion] adaptive interpolation on a regular 2d grid

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Sep 2 11:38:27 CDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 11:33, denis bzowy<denis-bz-py@t-online.de> wrote:
> Robert Kern <robert.kern <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> Looks good! Where can we get the code? Can this be specialized for 1D
> functions?
> Re code: sure, I'll be happy to post it if anyone points me to a real test
> case or two, to help me understand the envelope -- 100^2 -> 500^2 grid ?
> (Splines on regular grids are fast and robust, hard to beat.)
> Re 1d: I have an old version using 2 point - 2 slope splines, overkill,
> will trim it.
> (Is there a sandbox or wiki of interpolation testcases, not images ?)

I have some test cases here:

They are meant to test scattered data interpolation. They aren't going
to exercise your adaptive interpolation very hard.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco